The Victoria Mekong is a brand new 35-cabins River Cruise Ship that will be launched in December 2019. She will sail weekly between Can Tho in Vietnam and Phnom Penh in Cambodia, under Vietnamese flag. She will be the first of a fleet to be developed in the coming years. Victoria Mekong Cruises is a Joint Venture between Thien Minh Group and a major Tour Operator in UK. A very exciting and dynamic company.
- Employment type: Full time
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Liaising with: All Department Heads / Nautical team / Purchasing Manager
- Subordinates: HK Attendants, Stewards, Laundry Attendants
- Location: On board the ship, traveling between Vietnam and Cambodia
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for global hospitality experience and Accountable for making smooth operation and related activities within Housekeeping and with other departments.
- Understand, implement and coordinate all instructions and guidelines, according to company standards.
- Responsible and accountable for making smooth operation and related activities in HK Department.
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Coordinating & distributing tasks to all HK staff & laundry according to the needs of operation & its time frame.
- Monitoring all equipment, linen and chemical stock, insuring a proper storage and using. Conduct inventories as per company procedure.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Establish and implement operational standards and procedures for the HK department. Conduct and supervise training process
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure that is in working order.
- Communicate to management any occurrences involving staff or guests in the HK Department that require attention.
- Attend any onboard event & meeting where presence is required. Assist with supplies & luggage delivery, crew quarter maintenance & cleanliness.
- Monitoring department working schedule and assigning of tasks to insure a proper coverage of every shift (including night duty) and sufficient number of staff when required
- Managing and keeping all personnel records, daily and monthly roster, duties assigned record, and operation inventory records.
- Preparing and managing staff training, learning and personal development programs, performance appraisal and its related documents
- Assist the Director of Operations in department employee procedures (recruitment, leaves, training plan, corrective actions, promotion & transfer)
- Managing HK department’s financial activities; Budget, Payroll, and other related activities.
- Assist the Director of Operations in monitoring and managing costs, expenditure, personnel and operation as related to the Housekeeping Department.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Degree in Hospitality or related field from an accredited college or university
- 4 or more years management experience in a 3 to 5 star hotel or cruise ship
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to manage a Vietnamese and international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly. Ability to communicate in additional languages is a plus.
- All applicants must have the ability to obtain required visas
- Good morale, hard-working, enthusiasm, team work spirit
- Victoria Mekong Cruise’s comprehensive remuneration package