The Victoria Mekong is a brand new 35-cabins River Cruise Ship launched in December 2019. She sails weekly between Can Tho in Vietnam and Phnom Penh in Cambodia, under Vietnamese flag. She is the first of a fleet to be developed in the coming years. Victoria Mekong Cruises is a Joint Venture between Thien Minh Group and a major Tour Operator in UK. A very exciting and dynamic company.
- Department: Executive Office
- Job Title: General Manager
- Employment type: Full time
- Reports to: General Director
- Subordinates: Hospitality Department Heads
- Location: On board the ship
- Work conditions: Based on board, travelling between Vietnam and Cambodia or as assigned by Company
The General Manager is responsible for the entire hotel operation on board and liaises with the to coordinate all nautical and entertainment activities and execute onboard safety, environmental and maintenance procedures. He/she will lead and motivate the hospitality crew, with emphasis on Department Heads, will ensure the operation of service procedures according to company standards and will provide exceptional Guest service at all times. The Hotel Manager must be hands on during peak services and through presence and actions being an example. The position is located on the ship.
- Plans, coordinates and controls the operation of the Hotel organization. Directs the function of all Hotel personnel through the management of department heads.
- Supervises all hospitality departments on board, including tour managements
- Develop strong cooperation relationship with Ship Captain in order to ensure total coordination between hospitality and nautical team. Both hospitality and nautical crew must work smoothly and positively together.
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities within corporate standard.
- Directly manage the on-shore team: all on-shore HODs report to the General Manager (Accounting, Purchasing, Reservation, HR, Administration) with regular online or offline meetings.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications including regular department head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Implements the business and operating budget plans to ensure an on-going basis optimum total guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensures the security and safety of guests and shipboard employees through established emergency procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement throughout the vessel and in business, social and governmental communities as appropriate.
- Continually encourages teamwork and cooperation between all hospitality shipboard employees, nautical shipboard employees and excursions and entertainment employees
- Monitors cash management programs and purchasing practices including inventories and receivables.
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Accounting, Payroll, Cruise closing.
- Food cost control, Control of Bars and Inventory/Store control.
- Conducts regular inspections to ensure facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning and management.
- Supervises Menu layout / Menu approval, Buffet presentation
- Ensures absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
- Organizes all Entertainment events
- Aligns crew attitudes to corporate objectives.
- Ensures appropriate crew training is carried out on an ongoing basis.
- Supervises clearance of the vessel and embarkation / disembarkation.
- Liaises actively with guests
- Provides visible leadership by example while interacting with guests in all areas
- Any other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university, or the international equivalent preferred
- Ten or more years of progressive management experience in 4 or 5 star hospitality, preferably with cruise ship experience with at least five years operational experience in food and beverage, front office and/or housekeeping
- Knowledge of the principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to manage a Vietnamese and international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly. Ability to communicate in additional languages is preferred.
- All shipboard employees must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, including the participation in life-saving procedures and drills.
- All applicants must have the ability to obtain required visas
- Good morale, hard-working, enthusiasm, team work spirit
- Victoria Mekong Cruise’s comprehensive remuneration package