[HN] PRODUCT MANAGER – INDOCHINA – ENGLISH SPEAKING – 2022
[HN] PRODUCT MANAGER – INDOCHINA – ENGLISH SPEAKING – 2022
ABOUT THIEN MINH GROUP
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Vietnam, Thien Minh Group (TMG) is one Southeast Asia’s leading integrated travel and hospitality groups. Every year, the group brings approximately 600,000 tourists to the region, serving a broad range of budget to high-end travelers, and hosts over 200,000 hotel guests. TMG offers a one-stop solution for travelers – providing tours, accommodation, cruises, transfers and transport as well as travel agency services.
Over 27 years of operations, TMG has grown tremendously from a boutique adventure tour operator in Vietnam under a single Buffalo Tours brand to an integrated travel group in Southeast Asia with 4 main business lines: Travel (operating tours and transportation services), Hospitality (owning and operating hotels), Online (iVIVU.com for online hotel booking), and Aviation (Hai Au Aviation seaplane and chartered flight services).
ABOUT VIVU JOURNEYS
Vivu Journeys is a dynamic, leading destination management company operating in the UK, Ireland, Portugal and now Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. “Vivu” in Vietnamese connotes free, unencumbered movement and exploration, which is also the spirit embraced by travelers today.
With over 27 years of experience, Vivu Journeys is ready for a new movement in travel and tourism in Asia, promising to take international travelers on new experiences, going a step further than other destination management companies. The Vivu Journeys difference can be seen through how we Connect, Control, and Create. Vivu Journeys creates a connection between guests and destinations. Our philosophy is to build assets and create unique products at each destination. Vivu Journeys is proud to own many brands and travel businesses in Asia, allowing Vivu Journeys to fully manage the standard and quality of the products and services provided while making a real difference in the customer experience.
Detailed information will be discussed during the interview.
● New product development
– To create a range of unique and immersive product that enables Vivu Journeys’ vision to be a market leader in experiential tours within Asia
– Develop product in line with the existing product themes and create new experiences in line with the company product strategy developed by the Global Head of Product and Product Director
– To manage the Product Lifecycle from development and implementation to commercial and operational success of new travel products
– To oversee competitor research and benchmarking for new products to ensure Vivu Journeys offer is relevant, competitive and unique for our different sales markets and partners.
– Develop unique multiday touring programs for GIT partners that take advantage of Vivu Journeys’ assets and products
– Being up to date with all new hotels and properties in your regions and keeping sales and tour operator partners up to date with these developments, showing we are true experts in the market
● Product Management
– Evaluate and improve products to optimize sales, profit and guest satisfaction
– Engage with marketing to ensure products are delivered to market. – Ensure all products are accurately loaded into Vivu Journeys’ destination management system
– Monitor the success and profitability of new product and ensure sales are channeled to core suppliers
– Regular benchmarking of product against in-destination competitors.
– Working with the Director of sales to understand each products financial performance and creating SIC tours that drive volume into those that are successful financially and return a strong NPS
– Work enthusiastically towards KPIs set around product creation, distribution and sales success
– Support with copy writing for your products for the VC system and for external marketing, checking for complete accuracy
● Business Development
– Support account managers and business development managers to develop programs and product ranges to win new business
– Work with the sales team to understand brief of a new pitch and provide suggestions and feedback based on your expert knowledge for the BDS team to put the quote together
– Ensure Vivu Journeys’ in-destination product range matches demand we see in destination, and targets new segments and source markets
– Lead product promotions that drive our most profitable products, putting together products specials for sales offices and trade partners in line with the company’s product strategy
– Working towards a collective company sales target by successful contracting and understanding the market demands from sales
● Team Management
– Manage the Product executives in each of the regional Asia destination to achieve KPIs around and product development and contracting
– Proactively organising training on new products for sales and reservation, staff in destination and overseas
– Ensure in-destination teams have a clear understanding of the value of Vivu Journeys product
– Work with operations to roll out training for tour guides on Vivu Journeys unique product
– Attend trade shows, conduct training sessions for agents/operators, and be a knowledge bank for the destination
– Assist in the creation and participation of partner familiarisation trips within destination
– At least 5 years working in the travel industry working in a product management role
– An understanding of the inner workings of the travel industry
– Desirable criteria: Bachelor’s degree in Travel, Tourism, Hospitality or other business related subjects
– Strong attention to detail and organization
– Strong time management
– Creative flair
– Hard working and a team player
– Great communication skills and strong supplier relationships
– Strong negotiation skills
– Problem solving skills
– Positive management skills and want to support and grow your team
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– An excellent knowledge of your product destination and your destination as a travel destination
– A competitive package and working conditions
– Educational and annual company trips
– Vibrant culture and working environment
– Training courses with great career development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY