[HN] CONTRACTING MANAGER – INDOCHINA – 2022
[HN] CONTRACTING MANAGER – INDOCHINA – 2022
ABOUT THIEN MINH GROUP
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Vietnam, Thien Minh Group (TMG) is one Southeast Asia’s leading integrated travel and hospitality groups. Every year, the group brings approximately 600,000 tourists to the region, serving a broad range of budget to high-end travelers, and hosts over 200,000 hotel guests. TMG offers a one-stop solution for travelers – providing tours, accommodation, cruises, transfers and transport as well as travel agency services.
Over 27 years of operations, TMG has grown tremendously from a boutique adventure tour operator in Vietnam under a single Buffalo Tours brand to an integrated travel group in Southeast Asia with 4 main business lines: Travel (operating tours and transportation services), Hospitality (owning and operating hotels), Online (iVIVU.com for online hotel booking), and Aviation (Hai Au Aviation seaplane and chartered flight services).
ABOUT VIVU JOURNEYS
Vivu Journeys is a dynamic, leading destination management company operating in the UK, Ireland, Portugal and now Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. “Vivu” in Vietnamese connotes free, unencumbered movement and exploration, which is also the spirit embraced by travelers today.
With over 27 years of experience, Vivu Journeys is ready for a new movement in travel and tourism in Asia, promising to take international travelers on new experiences, going a step further than other destination management companies. The Vivu Journeys difference can be seen through how we Connect, Control, and Create. Vivu Journeys creates a connection between guests and destinations. Our philosophy is to build assets and create unique products at each destination. Vivu Journeys is proud to own many brands and travel businesses in Asia, allowing Vivu Journeys to fully manage the standard and quality of the products and services provided while making a real difference in the customer experience.
Detailed information will be discussed during the interview.
- Checking all contracts terms and conditions and signing of all contracts alongside the Global Head of Product
- Negotiate rates with suppliers and hotels to obtain the best return of profit to Vivu Journeys and ensure we increase our margin to the set levels by the Global Head of Product and DOSMP
- Negotiate value adds with hotels to provide Vivu Journeys a point of difference and provide the best return of value to our tour operator partners
- Negotiate contract rates over an extended period, preferably at least two years
- Provide all negotiated pricing to the loading team to update in the system for full accuracy and accurately show the updated margins
- Continue further negotiation on the rates when there is an example of Vivu Journeys sending substantial business to either an excursion or hotel supplier to further increase return to Vivu Journeys
- Ensure all health and safety audits are completed on all accommodation and risk-products in collaboration with our health and safety partner to ensure they all secure green status prior to travel
- Request and complete credit agreements with the support of the Global Head of Product for all hotel partners
- Take part in inspection trips and face to face meetings where relevant and beneficial to the negotiation to provide the best return to Vivu Journeys
- Working with the Global Head of Product and sales to understand and achieve the correct rate on products which we can sell online or through IDS (In Destination Selling)
- Work enthusiastically towards KPIs set around contracting
|Essential Criteria||Desirable Criteria|
|Experience||– Bachelor’s degree in travel, tourism, hospitality or other business-related subject.
– At least 5 years working in the travel industry working in a contract management role
|– An understanding of the inner workings of the travel industry.|
|Skills||– Strong attention to detail and organization
– Strong time management
– Excellent negotiation skills
– Excellent commercial acumen
– Hard working
– Team player
– Great communication skills and strong supplier relationships
– Problem solving skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
|Knowledge||– An excellent knowledge of your product destination and your destination as a travel destination|
- A competitive package and working conditions
- Educational and annual company trips
- Vibrant culture and working environment
- Training courses with great career development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY