|Vietnamese Cuisine Head Chef – Spice Viet Restaurant chain||Date: Jan 2019|
|Job Title||Vietnamese Cuisine Head Chef – Spice Viet Restaurant chain|
|Reports to||Managing Executive & Executive Director of TMG Hospitality|
|Direct reports of this position||Chef of each restaurant|
- Direct all culinary and associated activities throughout the restaurants from pre-opening to operation
- Create and manage Vietnamese menu development and presentation, strives to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team
- Responsible for all galley employees, food planning, purchasing, inventory management, quality control, hygiene/safety standards, delivery of diverse cuisines and optimum gastronomic experience of guests.
- Plan and manage the procurement, preservation, production, preparation of all food at the restaurant in a safe, sanitary and cost effective manner.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a heathy and safe working environment which meets/exceeds standards and regulations of the restaurant and government hygiene departments of the provinces of operation.
- Forecast and manage menu requirements, consumption and inventory.
- Review all financial transactions and monitor budgets to ensure efficient operations, inventory levels and costs are managed within pre-set expenditure limits.
- Manage financial performance of food production areas, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control, proper forecasting and best practices maintaining quality and standards.
- Ensure culinary teams are trained and familiar with the public health/sanitation regulations and requirements and that all meet/exceed required standards.
- Ensure culinary teams meet the restaurant standards and regulations on personal appearance/hygiene and uniforms.
- Supervises all food service functions in public areas on the dining room/restaurant.
- Enhances customer relations through appearances in all food outlets/public areas; conducting informative and engaging culinary demonstrations as directed; producing in-depth information about the product/preparation; and ensuring menu options are available for passengers with special dietary requirements.
- Develop culinary teams through on-the training, coaching and mentoring to increase their skills, capability, performance and contribution.
- Ho Chi Minh City and/or Hoi An Town based.
- Business travelling when required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited culinary or hospitality school.
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years as Chef for a multi-outlet, upscale restaurant, hotel, resort, convention or banqueting service.
- Specialist knowledge and experienced in Vietnamese cuisine cooking, from the North to the South.
- Experienced in financial management.
- Passionate about food and driven to the highest levels of culinary standards.
- A continued desire to develop professionally and keep up-to-date with current food trends.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Vietnamese and English.
- Strong attention to detail and strong customer service focus.
- Excellent organizational and delegation skills.
- Ability to handle guest interactions with good grace and diplomacy.
- Collaborative style. Building effective relationships across departments.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary package with performance pay and annual bonus
- Health Care and Personal Accident Insurance 24/24
- 16 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave
- Working Hours: as per duty roster
- Training courses with great career development opportunities
- Social club with monthly in/out of office activities
- Annual staff party and companywide team building days
- Summer vacation within Vietnam and Asian countries
Should you are interested in this vacant position, please send your CV to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||F&B, Kitchen|