On 3rd October 2017, Minister and Chairman of the Office of the Government Mai Tien Dung signed the Decision No.842 setting up the Private Sector Development Research Board of the Advisory Council for Administrative Procedure Reform (abbreviated as Council).
The Private Sector Development Research Board (abbreviated as IV Board) is chaired by the President of the Vietnam Association of Software and IT Service, Vice Chairman of the Advisory Council for Administrative Procedure Reform as Chairman; General Director of VinaCaptal Group, Vice President of Global Council on Asean, World Economic Forum as Vice Chairman.
The members of Board IV include the representatives from Vietnam Association of Software and IT Service; Business Federation of Binh Duong Province, Shrimp Association of Binh Thuan Province, Tourism Advisory Board, Advisory Board of Vietnam Private Sector Forum, VinaCapital Group.
In addition to the Decision No.842, Minister Mai Tien Dung signed a Decision issuing the members list of the Advisory Council for Administration Procedure Reform in accordance with the Decision No1463 dated on 29 September by the Prime Minister as follows:
1. Truong Gia Binh, Chairman of Vietnam Association of Software and IT Services – Vice Chairman of Advisory Council for Administrative Procedure Reform
2. Mai Huu Tien, Chairman of Business Federation of Binh Duong Province – Member
3. Nguyen Hoang Anh, Chairman of Shrimp Association of Binh Thuan Province – Member
4. Tran Trong Kien, Member of Tourism Advisory Board – Member
5. Vu Van Tien, Member of Advisory Board of Vietnam Private Sector Forum – Member
6. Don Lam, General Director of VinaCapita, Vice Chairman of the Global Council on Asean, World Economic Forum – Member
The IV Board has the task of consulting, proposing and reforming mechanism, policies and administrative procedures related to the development of the private economic sector, in keeping with the national economic objectives. Besides, it also takes an initiative of setting up an assisting system and mobilizing resources for the performance of the assigned tasks. It operates under the Regulations of the Advisory Council for Administrative Procedure Reform.
The drastic and the attitude of “actions speak louder than words” of the Prime Minister has been lauded when the decisions on appointing more members to the Council and setting up a new private Board issued just few months after the dialogue between the Prime Minister and the enterprises happened at the 2nd Vietnam Private Sector Forum. It also demonstrates the determination of the Government in putting the Resolution No.05-NQ/TW into practice which helps contribute significantly to the promotion of private economic sector development as well as raise the role and position of these enterprises in the Vietnamese economy.